Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Meet Arwen!


Arwen is our new family member. We were looking for a horse for Kyle and found her online. She was on a site with another horse we were interested in looking at. We called the people and set up a meeting time and we took the two hour drive.

The people were a far cry from the previous sellers we had dealt with. These people were super nice, honest and Godly. It was such a breath of fresh air after what Kyle and I had been through.
The pastures were gorgeous and all the horses were extremely content. It was a good start to what I wanted to see. They brought out Arwen (aka Sunshine then) and I was stunned at how gorgeous she was. A full blooded Tennessee Walker, tall and graceful. Although she is young, she had the quiet temperment of a classy lady.
We spent a couple of hours there and Kyle told me he wanted her. I asked if he was sure because I wanted him to be happy with his choice (I was crossing my fingers behind my back because I LOVED her) and he said that he felt in his spirit she was the one, the same way I felt when I got Aslan.

We had to ask the family to hold her because we wanted the mouth issue at the barn cleared up* before we brought her home. I was not sure if that would fly but they obliged when we explained what was going on. We felt so blessed to have met this family and I feel God has graced us once more by extending our family yet again.

*see Aslans blog

No comments:

Post a Comment